Sunday, January 24, 2010

Collage Obsessions Friday challenge

This year I promised myself a couple of things - to get back into creative mode and to blog more regularly. So I found a collage challenge on collage obsessions blog to take an image they provide and make some collage art with it.

Well, heres my fairly pathetic attempt. It's so long since I did any digital collage that when I opened my paint software I found I'd forgotten how to use it!! and spent a frustrated few hours cussing at the programme. I ended up using my fairly basic scrapbooking programme.

Apologies if its not very original or creative I will practise more and hope to get better as I enjoy playing iwth digital images/collage/scrapbooking etc.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is really beautiful.
Fantastic work.

Anonymous said...

I think its fabulous its all about colour and design and you did a fab job on both of these. Its an exciting world in digital design but you will love it all
hugs June xxx

Petite Paperie said...

You did a wonderful job! I love how the frame has loose threads like the loose threads on Sarah's dress.
Beautiful!

*itKuPiLLi* said...

You have made good promises to yourself and this is a great start.

I've learned digital work by practicing, the skills really get forgotten easily. But every time you do something, you learn something new. Digital art is so exciting world.

I like your collage and thank you for participating our challenge.

Ellen said...

beautiful jan, I like that mulberrypaper round it. Sometimes less is more, even in digiworld
you'll soon get the hang of it again.

Jo Nevill said...

Congratulations, you have just won my BasicGrey Blog Candy. Please email with your details so I can arrange for your prize to be sent to you.

Hugs,

Jo x

Elaine. said...

I love this, it's stunning. I need to check out this challenge.
Elaine