Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fantasia necklace

I've finished my latest creation - the Fantasia necklace. I really enjoyed making it and I think some of that joy shines through.







I collected a whole medley of toning and complementary beads and cabochons in a froth of citrus green and sherbert pink, luscious lavender and foamy lilac. the centrepieces are shell, collectable vintage buttons and a pretty gemstone.

I then mounted each large cabochon onto stiffener and hand embroidered around it in peyote stitch, bead by tiny bead, each one surrounded by a slightly different but matching selection of glass seed beads and pearls.

Once all the components were completed to my satisfaction I backed them with soft coffee colour faux suede, then joined them together to create this stunning neckpiece.



Suspended from a chain of matching beads and fastening at the back of your neck with a silver plated push in flower clasp decorated with a tiny sparkling crystal.
It looks amazing worn over a simple black high necked sweater.

You can buy this necklace now in my Etsy shop 

1 comment:

The Beading Gem said...

Love the vibrant colors and the cool way you connected everything before beading the cabochons in!